The mission of the IACBE is to advance academic quality in business programs through evidence-based accreditation that encourages institutions to build unique educational models to reflect their mission and vision.
To be the business program accreditor of choice for teaching-oriented institutions of higher education globally.
- Collegiality– A culture of collaboration and cooperation in advancing academic quality in business education
- Developmental Philosophy– An emphasis on continuous improvement and a shared journey toward excellence in business education
- Responsiveness– An unwavering focus on service to our members
The IACBE pursues a set of broad strategic goals that are instrumental in the accomplishment of its mission and vision. These goals are to:
- provide a forum for promoting excellence in business education in institutions of higher education throughout the world;
- develop and promulgate accreditation principles and processes for advancing academic quality and excellence in business education;
- promote continuous improvement in business programs through outcomes assessment and other quality assurance processes, thereby benefiting our members, higher education, and the public;
- establish continuing relationships with individuals and groups who are interested in promoting excellence in business education, including business and industry, government agencies, professional associations, and other organizations throughout the world;
- promote innovation and creativity in teaching and learning through sharing of best practices in business education and assisting in the professional development of business educators;
- serve as a resource for members and the public regarding issues in business education and accreditation;
- provide beneficial services to members;
- assist academic business units in benchmarking through sharing best practices in business education, and providing research and information;
- facilitate the globalization of business education by promoting awareness, understanding, and cooperation among academic business units worldwide;
- promote ethical practices in business and business education.