IMA Accounting Faculty of the Year Award
The Accounting Faculty of the Year award recipient demonstrates excellence in teaching accounting and a commitment to the IACBE in the following ways:
- Provides opportunities for students to grow in their knowledge of accounting,
- Has high expectations for student performance,
- Encourages students to set and achieve educational and professional goals including accounting certifications,
- Acts as a mentor and is available to help individual students,
- Models integrity, ethical behavior and social responsibility,
- Provides active, hands-on opportunities for students to “practice accounting”,
- Builds strong relationships with students, colleagues and the accounting community,
- Maintains current knowledge in accounting through engagement in accounting related professional development,
- Researches and/or engages in innovative ways to teach accounting, and
- Is active in the accounting profession through accounting practice and/or involvement in a professional accounting organization.
The recipient of the 2019 Accounting Faculty of the Year award will be recognized at the Accreditation Banquet during the Annual Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada on April 11, 2019. The recipient will also receive a plaque and a check for $500.
Nominees for the 2019 Accounting Faculty of the Year must have taught at the IACBE accredited academic institution for a minimum of the past year, either as an adjunct or full-time faculty member. The deadline for submissions is Friday, February 8th.
IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) is the worldwide association of accountants and financial professionals in business. Founded in 1919, we are one of the largest and most respected associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. We are committed to empowering our 100,000+ members—and those throughout the rest of the profession—to strengthen on-the-job skills, better manage companies, and accelerate careers. We invite our members to discover the myriad possibilities within the profession and build an actionable future in management accounting.
IACBE News Briefs, Member News and Announcements, Press Releases