> Girne American University
About the Faculty of Business and Economics at GAU
The Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE) at Girne American University was established in 1985 and currently enrolls approximately 1,100 students. As part of Cyprus’ leading international university, which has four campuses on three continents, the students of the Faculty of Business and Economics have opportunities to study not only in North Cyprus, but also in the United Kingdom, the USA, and Singapore. The Faculty of Business and Economics offers a wide range of high-quality bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs and attracts talented students from all around the world.
The FBE’s curriculum provides career-oriented learning and practice so as to be responsive to ever-changing contemporary global challenges. The Faculty of Business and Economics is composed of ten academic departments: Business Management, International Business Management, Marketing, Banking and Finance, Accounting, Economics, Management Information Systems, Political Science and Public Administration, International Relations, and Aviation Management.
The mission of the Faculty of Business and Economics is to mold students into effective decision makers and successful leaders who are capable of making contributions that serve the needs of local, national, and international communities.
The IACBE reaffirmed the accreditation of the Faculty of Business and Economics in December 2012. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration with Specializations in Financial Management, Business Management, International Business Management, Management Information Systems, and Marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Science in International Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- Associate of Science in Accounting and Tax Application
- Associate of Science in Banking and Insurance
- Associate of Science in Business Management
- Associate of Science in Marketing
Parallel to the educational activities of each department comprising the FBE, the following seven research centers are also integral academic units included within the framework of the Faculty of Business and Economics: Business Research Center, Banking and Finance Research Center, Political Science Research Center, Economic Research Center, Management Information Research Center, Marketing Research Center, and International Relations Research Center.
These centers are active in all research areas in business and economics. The centers organize staff seminars, hold conferences and meetings, support empirical research and training, and assist students in the field of business and economic research. Each Center also provides a means for promoting dialogue with other national and international business researchers through its working paper series and direct links with other national and international business and economics research centers around the world.