> Join the IACBE Family
Select a Topic Area
In order to become an educational member of the IACBE, an academic business unit must:
- Submit an application for educational membership. Applications for IACBE educational membership must be approved and signed by the institution’s chief executive officer (i.e., president, chancellor, director general), affirming its commitment to abide by the accreditation policies and procedures of the IACBE.
- Pay its membership dues to the IACBE.
- Provide evidence that its parent institution has institutional accreditation from an appropriate nationally-recognized institutional accrediting organization. Institutions located outside of the United States must provide evidence of equivalent recognized institutional accreditation from an appropriate organization in the relevant country or region, or approvals or authorizations to award degrees from an appropriate governing, legal, or similar body. This evidence should take the form of a copy of the most recent letter from an appropriate nationally-recognized accrediting organization affirming or reaffirming institutional accreditation. For institutions located outside of the United States, this evidence would be the most recent equivalent letter, certificate, charter, or license from an appropriate accrediting, governing, legal, or similar body in the relevant country or region granting institutional accreditation, recognition, approval, or authorization to award degrees. In cases where this documentation is written in a language other than English, the academic business unit must submit a copy of the original non-English version of the letter, certificate, charter, or license, and an English translation of the original documentation.
- Provide evidence that its parent institution grants business degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral level.
- Provide evidence that its parent institution has a publicly-stated mission appropriate to a college or university. This mission must have been approved by the institution’s governing body (i.e., trustees, regents, directors).
- Submit a copy of the most recent catalogs, prospectuses, marketing brochures, or other materials that describe the institution’s undergraduate and graduate degree programs. If this material is online, provide the website address (URL) for and an electronic version of this material (e.g., a non-editable document such as a PDF file).
An educational member is not allowed to claim or imply accreditation by the IACBE until accreditation has been granted.
Once an academic business unit has been admitted to educational membership in the IACBE, the institution may denote this status on its website, in its catalog and official publications, and in its advertising. However, the following form of notice and specific language must be used:
The [academic business unit] at [institution's name] is an Educational Member of the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), and has affirmed its commitment to excellence in business education.
Interim reports are required of all academic business unit members of the IACBE, regardless of accreditation status. For details regarding this requirement, see our Interim Reports page.
Annual dues for the 2015 membership year are $2,450. For new members of the IACBE, membership dues for 2015 are prorated according to the date of joining as follows:
January 1 - February 28
March 1 - April 30
May 1 - June 30
July 1 - August 31
September 1 - October 31
November 1 - December 31
Remainder of 2015 Dues Waived
For more information or if you have questions about membership, please contact IACBE World Headquarters.