> Higher Education News
The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Salary Explorer
Find the faculty salary information for which you are looking.
- Business Educators Struggle to Put Students to Work
Business majors spend less time preparing for class than do students in any other broad field. And it shows, to the chagrin of leaders in the field, who propose to do something about it.
- Despite Hurdles, India Is Ripe for Partnerships, Educators Say
Many colleges find it extraordinarily difficult to forge ties, but Indian institutions want American partners in the fields of business, technology, and engineering.
- Accreditation Council Sets Stricter Standards for Recognizing Accreditors
The Council for Higher Education Accreditation imposes several new requirements on accreditors seeking its recognition.
- For Business Schools, Economic Crisis Points Way to Change
The meltdown has shown that to change how we do business, we must also change how we teach business.
- Accreditor Re-Ignites Debate Over Ph.D.'s for Business-School Faculty
Who should teach business students: scholars with research doctorates or M.B.A.'s with practical experience?
- American Business Schools in the Post-American World
The schools must learn from their counterparts overseas to successfully adapt to changes in the global business-school market.
- Center Renews Call for Overhaul of Nation's Accreditation System
A report from the Center for College Affordability and Productivity suggests a replacement system that would focus on concrete measures of performance.
- Virginia State U. Business School Buys E-Textbooks for Students
Should colleges purchase textbooks for students? A public institution is experimenting with that idea this fall.
- Has Accreditation Produced an Ethical Business Climate?
"If English or math faculty members had had the wits to create accrediting systems, what university would dare staff most intro writing and math classes with adjuncts and grad students?"
- Education Department Releases New Data on College Pricing
The National Center for Education Statistics released data on college pricing for 2009-10.
- How Rubrics Help Students Learn
Some professors at Utah State have mapped out learning objectives, creating a detailed scoring guide for student papers.
Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Inside Accreditation – Care, Caution, and the Credit Hour Conversation (January 2013)
- Inside Accreditation – MOOCs and Accreditation: Focus on the Quality of "Direct-to-Students" Education (November 2012)
- Accreditation and Academic Freedom: An American Association of University Professors–Council for Higher Education Accreditation Advisory Statement (October 2012)
- Federal Update – An Overview of Recent Activities Affecting Higher Education Accreditation (March 2011)
- CHEA, Higher Education Associations and Accrediting Organizations Express Concern to USDE Regarding Federal Definition of Credit Hour (February 2011)
- Inside Accreditation – Federalizing Accreditation: A Quandary for Higher Education (February 2011)
- CHEA Videos on Accreditation – CHEA Produces Four YouTube Videos on Accreditation (February 2011)
- The CHEA Initiative: A multi-year national conversation on the future of accreditation launched by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- State Uses of Accreditation: Results of a Fifty-State Inventory -- New Report Produced for CHEA by the National Center for Higher Education Management Systems (November 2010)
- Federal Update – U.S. Department of Education Final Regulations on Program Integrity and Student Aid (November 2010)
- Inside Accreditation – Senator Harkin’s Seminar: Hearing and Learning on Capitol Hill (August 2010)
- The Value of Accreditation: Developed by Regional, National, and Programmatic Accrediting Organizations and CHEA. (July 2010)
Inside Higher Ed
- Winds of change blow for business schools
To survive, business schools have to ensure they keep up with technological advances...
- FT.com > Management > Business Education
Various articles dealing with business education
- FT.com > Management > Business Education > Business School News
Various articles pertaining to business schools around the world
- FT.com > Management > Business Education > The Future of Business Schools
Various articles about the future of business education
U.S. Department of Education
- International Education Programs Service: Business and International Education (BIE) Program
Federal grant funding for the purpose of promoting education and training in international business