> Search Announcement: Director of Accreditation and Organizational Advancement
(November 20, 2013) – The International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) invites applications and nominations for a full-time position of Director of Accreditation and Organizational Advancement.
The IACBE is the leader in mission-driven and outcomes-based programmatic accreditation in business and management education for student-centered colleges and universities throughout the world and is nationally recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The IACBE’s mission is to promote and recognize excellence in business education in institutions of higher education worldwide, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, through specialized accreditation of business programs.
As an integral member of the IACBE management team, the Director of Accreditation and Organizational Advancement is directly involved in the day-to-day activities and decisions of the Assembly with primary responsibility for (i) the general management of all IACBE accreditation-related activities in a timely and efficient manner and (ii) working with and assisting the President in the promotion and advancement of the Assembly in the U.S.
The Director of Accreditation and Organizational Advancement is responsible for:
- assisting the President in advancing the Assembly’s quality assurance and accreditation mission;
- overseeing and managing the Assembly’s accreditation-related activities;
- assisting the President in the Assembly’s domestic organizational advancement efforts;
- overseeing the compliance of member institutions with the Assembly’s principles and policies;
- supporting the work of the IACBE’s Board of Commissioners and Board of Directors.
- Given the nature of the responsibilities and work associated with the position, the successful candidate would need to be on-ground at the IACBE’s world headquarters offices and would therefore need to relocate to suburban Kansas City.
- Applicants should also expect that up to one-half of the activities associated with the position could involve domestic travel.
Download a copy of a detailed job description:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in a business or business-related field
- Four or more years of administrative or managerial experience in higher education
- Experience with accreditation and/or quality assurance at the higher education level required; experience with the IACBE’s quality assurance/accreditation process preferred
- Four or more years of teaching experience in business/management at the higher education level preferred
- Institutional advancement/marketing/promotional experience in a non-profit context preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all organizational stakeholders
Application and Nomination Procedures
Applications should include:
- A cover letter that addresses (a) the responsibilities of and qualifications for the position and (b) the candidate’s salary expectations;
- A current curriculum vita;
- The names, affiliations, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references (references will not be contacted without formal permission from the candidate).
Nominations of potential candidates for the position should include the nominee’s name, email address, institution/employer, and current position.
Applications, nominations, and inquiries should be forwarded electronically (no phone calls please) to:
email@example.com (with Director Search in the subject line)
All applications, nominations, and inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
The review of applications will begin immediately and the search will continue until the position is filled.
The IACBE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Download the Announcement
Download a copy of this search announcement: