> Search Announcement: Associate Director of Accreditation
(June 2014) – The International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) invites applications and nominations for a full-time position of Associate Director of Accreditation.
The IACBE is the leader in mission-driven and outcomes-based programmatic accreditation in business and management education for student-centered colleges and universities throughout the world and is nationally recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The IACBE’s mission is to promote and recognize excellence in business education in institutions of higher education worldwide, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, through specialized accreditation of business programs.
As an integral member of the IACBE management team, the Associate Director of Accreditation is directly involved in the day-to-day activities and decisions of the Assembly with primary responsibility for working with and assisting the Director of Accreditation and Organizational Advancement in the general management of all IACBE accreditation-related activities in a timely and efficient manner.
The Associate Director of Accreditation is responsible for:
- working with and assisting the Director of Accreditation and Organizational Advancement in managing the Assembly’s accreditation-related activities;
- working with and assisting the Director of Accreditation and Organizational Advancement in the oversight of the compliance of member institutions with the Assembly’s principles and policies;
- managing the activities of the IACBE’s Regional Assemblies;
- supporting the work of the IACBE’s Board of Commissioners.
- Given the nature of the responsibilities and work associated with the position, the successful candidate would need to be on-ground at the IACBE’s world headquarters offices and would therefore need to relocate to suburban Kansas City.
- Applicants should also expect that a significant proportion of the activities associated with the position could involve domestic travel.
Download a copy of a detailed job description:
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree or higher in a business or business-related field
- Two or more years of administrative or managerial experience in higher education preferred
- Experience with accreditation and/or quality assurance at the higher education level required; experience with the IACBE’s quality assurance/accreditation process preferred
- Two or more years of teaching experience in business/management at the higher education level preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to function effectively in a detailed-oriented work environment
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a cohesive team
- Ability to work effectively with all organizational stakeholders
Application and Nomination Process
Applications must include:
- A cover letter that addresses (a) the responsibilities of and qualifications for the position and (b) the candidate’s salary expectations;
- A current curriculum vita;
- The names, affiliations, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references (references will not be contacted without formal permission from the candidate).
Nominations of potential candidates for the position should include the nominee’s name, email address, institution/employer, and current position.
Applications, nominations, and inquiries should be forwarded electronically (no phone calls please) to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (with Associate Director Search in the subject line)
All applications, nominations, and inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
The review of applications will begin immediately and the search will continue until the position is filled.
The IACBE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Download the Announcement
Download a copy of this search announcement: